United Front: Developing Better Spoons Course
By January 1, 2021. All attendees for the coaching pilot group are screened by application and interview. Please answer the following questions and follow the instructions in this module. The application assignment includes scheduling an interview appointment with the Crisses.
Understanding Panic Cycles
January 5th, 2021 group coaching session prep. What are panic cycles, how to recognize them, when we need them, and what they're doing to our body & mind.
- Introduction: What is Panic Mode?
- Panic Reactions: the F-Words
- Chemistry Lessons
- Optional: Caffeine Culture & Anxiety
- Benefits of Panic Mode
- How Being in Panic Mode Hurts
- When Panic is Warranted
- Assignment: Noticing Game
- Extra: Spirituality & Panic Mode (optional)
- Extra: Questioning Corollaries (optional)
Presence & How to Achieve it
Live on January 12, 2021 group coaching session prep. Putting an end to panic cycles gracefully when they are unwarranted; presence techniques, alternatives to grounding, peace mode, the Here & Now.
Assembling Better Spoons
January 19, 2021 group coaching session prep. How to leave peace/presence mode by way of passion/heart rather than returning to panic mode when you want to get things done again.
- Introduction: Moving from Presence to Safety Mode
- Passion: Finding Your Why
- Adventure & Reframing
- SMART vs SACRED: Loving What Y’all Do
- Maslow’s Heirarchy, Seven L’s and Quality of Life
- Your Sacred Cause – Exercise Preview
- Assignment: Brainstorming Your Adventure Toolbox
- Pilot Live Session Follow-Up
Panic Happens: Handling Mode Switching
January 26, 2021 group coaching session prep. Life is full of panic-worthy situations. Learn to recognize when you're back in panic mode again and get back to better spoons.