United Front: Search & Rescue
- 12 (Registered)
How do you locate and assist stuck or lost headmates and help them find their way (back) to the Here & Now?
This is now a stand-alone, self-paced course. We are requesting $10 for this course, with a sliding scale of $0-10USD. Please see https://pluralityresource.org/support-give-back/ for more info on how to support these courses if you are unable to give money for the course or for payment alternatives. To compensate other than $10USD, use the “offline payment” feature, let us know how you would like to support the course, and we’ll manually approve you into the course.
Join this course to learn more about how to:
- Why internals get stuck or go missing
- What the difference is between being in the Here & Now versus the There & Then
- How we can help folk in the There & Then find their way to the Here & Now
- How to help headmates stay in the Here & Now once they’re here
This course covers & discusses:
- Some of the singular world’s theories about how trauma (regardless of when it happens) impacts “parts” and probably equally applies to headmates
- Different “styles” of getting lost or stuck
- Exploring the nature of the There & Then
- Presence & Time-Sense (the Here & Now)
- Rescue Missions: big & little
- How to create an internal environment that encourages remaining in the Here & Now
Suggested prerequisites (optional):
- Significant internal cooperation and group trust amongst at least a sub-group of their system.
- Intermediate level of communication in-system (the ability to have internal discussions or meetings).
- The ability to consider spiritual concepts from other cultures than their own.
- (definitely optional but very helpful) A good sense or grasp of your inner world.
This course is a mix of recorded presentations and written materials/suggested assignments. To get the most from the course it’s suggested to take advantage of all the provided materials unless it is marked as optional.
Important: if you have significant troubles with spiritual concepts, are struggling with your time-sense or consciousness stability, or do not have a safe environment or time/safe space in which to work with your headmates, this is not going to be the best coaching group for your system at this time. It is highly suggested that folk ensure they have a safe space and time before embarking on any rescue missions or making direct contact with headmates who may not be stable.
In Their Shoes: Stuck & Lost Headmates
Preparations: Becoming a Welcoming System
Welcome Home / Welcome Back
We believe in inclusive community, and strong advocacy and support for struggling, disabled and stigmatized community members. We advocate for faster diagnosis, better therapies, adjunct & complementary offerings that can help boost the efficacy of recovery efforts on behalf of disordered, dysfunctional and struggling plural & DID systems. For our full background pertaining to creating courses on this site please see Instructor Background: The Crisses. We are an autistic, disabled, non-binary, gender-fluid, plural-identified quoigenic DID-diagnosed polyfragmented modular system with about 157+ system members of a wide variety of types. We are geeks, authors, content creators, instructors, healers, coaches, and mental health advocates. We have hEDS, CIDP, Reynaud's syndrome, several other related issues, and are transition opportunists. We live in upstate New York in the USA, and we moonlight as a pet sitter. For our full CV, please see https://Crisses.org.
Outstanding, practical content and supportThis course is full of practical ideas on how to find and get in touch with headmates who want/need that. The ideas are respectful of diverse system boundaries and desires. It encourages and celebrates our creativity and dignity. Definitely recommended.